The Importance of Air Conditioner Tune-Ups
Over a long, hot summer, heat, friction, and accumulations of debris will gradually cause the performance and efficiency of your air conditioner to decline. Air conditioner tune-ups help to restore your air conditioning system to peak operating condition and they include all the routine maintenance as recommended by the manufacturer.
The Benefits of Frequent Air Conditioner Tune-Ups
By having an air conditioner tune-up done at least once a year, you can ensure your system is clean and ready for the hot and humid summers of the New Holland area. Routine maintenance of your air conditioning system has several benefits, including:
- Improved efficiency – When your air conditioner is cleaned and maintained, it will use less energy to keep your home cool.
- Lower utility bills – With reduced energy usage, you can expect to pay less on your electricity bills.
- Greater reliability – When you air conditioner is inspected often, problems can be found early, reducing the chances of a breakdown.
- Lower repair costs – By minimizing wear through regular maintenance, you will have fewer component failures and lower repair costs.
- Longer system life – When your air conditioner is taken care of properly, it will typically last longer and have fewer problems over its lifespan.
- Improved comfort – With a well-maintained air conditioning system, you can expect better cooling performance, reduced humidity, and improved air quality.
What Is Included in an Air Conditioner Tune-Up?
Every manufacturer has its own maintenance recommendations, but a typical air conditioner tune-up will include tasks like:
- Replacing the air filter
- Cleaning the air handler and blower fan
- Inspecting the air ducts and plenum
- Measuring air temperature and flow
- Balancing return and supply airflow
- Adjusting the blower belt
- Lubricating bearings, pulleys, and other moving components
- Cleaning the evaporator, condenser, and condensate drain
- Inspecting the electrical and safety systems
- Testing the start capacitor and relay circuit
- Measuring blower motor, compressor, and fan current
- Testing the thermostat and zoning controls
- Evaluating overall system performance and efficiency
Ideally, an air conditioner tune-up should be done twice a year, once at the beginning of the summer and once just after it ends.
Air Conditioner Tune-Ups in New Holland & Lancaster, PA
At The Witmer Company, we offer complete air conditioning maintenance services and air conditioner tune-ups in New Holland, Chester, Lancaster, and the surrounding communities of Pennsylvania. Our friendly, certified technicians work on all brands and models of air conditioning equipment, and we provide quality maintenance services that meet all manufacturer specifications. Since 1941, we have been offering plumbing, heating, and cooling services to our neighbors in the New Holland area, and as a locally-owned company, you can expect superior service with every visit.
To schedule an air conditioner tune-up in New Holland or Lancaster, call us today at 717-288-7163 or contact us online!
“I have dealt with this company for many years and through several homes that I have owned. I have recommended them to neighbors who have also been happy with their service, pricing, and honesty..“- Paul C. More Testimonials