How Long Do Boilers Last?
When choosing a heating system for your home, you want something that’s reliable and long-lasting. The two most common heating systems are boilers and furnaces. While furnaces tend to be the popular choice, boilers have a competitive advantage. One of the top advantages of boilers is that they’re very long-lasting.
To learn more about the advantages of boilers and how you can have one installed in your home, contact the heating experts at The Witmer Company by calling 717-288-7163.
The Average Life Span of a Boiler
How long your boiler lasts will depend on if it was properly installed and how well you maintain it throughout the years. Investing in proper routine maintenance for your boiler will ensure that it lasts as long as possible. Here are some things you can do to prolong the life of your boiler:
- Purchase a reliable boiler. It’s important to make sure you purchase your boiler from a reputable company that has a track record of manufacturing high-quality systems. If not, you could end up with an unreliable boiler that frequently breaks down and has a short life span. If you’re unsure which brand to choose, our knowledgeable technicians can lead you in the right direction.
- Choose the right boiler for your home. In order to have a long-lasting boiler, it’s crucial to pick one that’s the right size for your home. A boiler that’s too small can put excessive pressure on your system, causing it to break down and have a short life span. Our technicians will help you pick out the right size boiler for your home and install it properly.
- Ensure your boiler is properly installed by a Gas Safe registered engineer. It’s extremely dangerous for someone who is not qualified to perform gas work on appliances, including boilers. By making sure a qualified technician installs your boiler, you can avoid costly installation mistakes and the need for an early replacement.
- Schedule annual maintenance. Just like many of appliances and equipment you own, it’s important to invest in regular boiler maintenance to prolong its life span. Annual maintenance will ensure that your boiler is running effectively and efficiently. It also allows you to catch any issues and have them fixed before they turn into extensive and costly repairs or even an early replacement. You can schedule yearly boiler maintenance with The Witmer Company.
- Fix any issues as soon as possible. As soon as you start experiencing any issues with your boiler it’s crucial to set up a repair right away. Putting off repairs can lead to extensive damage that can shorten your boiler’s life span. It also won’t be fun for your wallet or hot water supply. Don’t deal with the damaging effects of a broken boiler. You can rely on us for fast repairs whenever you need it.
- Be on the lookout for unusual changes. If you notice your heating system isn’t functioning properly, take note of any changes. Changes in your heating system’s performance may indicate a problem with your boiler. If you’re experiencing unusual changes with your heating system, turn to a boiler expert at The Witmer Company for a professional assessment.
If you follow these tips, you can greatly prolong the life span of your boiler while saving money and enjoying a comfortable home. Keep in mind, however, that eventually your boiler will need to be replaced. When the time comes, you can rely on the pros at The Witmer Company for a boiler replacement.
Do Boilers Last Longer Than Furnaces?
With furnaces usually being the popular choice, you may think furnaces last longer. However, you’d be wrong. Boilers actually last longer than furnaces do. Along with requiring fewer repairs, their low cost, and their quiet operation, one of the other appealing advantages of boilers is their long life span. While the average furnace lasts 15 to 20 years, boilers can last up to 30 years.
But why do boilers last so much longer than furnaces? Here’s a closer look at what makes boilers long-lasting.
Boilers have a much simpler mechanical construction than furnaces. While boilers still contain advanced technology to make them energy-efficient, they contain few moving parts. Boilers only have one key mechanical component that moves water from the tank to the pipes. This means that there are fewer parts available to wear down over time with use and need repairs or replacements.
You many think the presence of water could cause a problem with corrosion and rust. However, boilers are constructed to resist corrosion for many years. In fact, furnaces are actually at a higher risk of corrosion than boilers. To give your boiler an extra line of defense against corrosion, make sure you schedule yearly maintenance.
Contact Us for Boiler Services in New Holland
While no system has an infinite life span, choosing a boiler can save you time and money down the road if properly maintained. You can say goodbye to frequent repairs and premature replacements when you hire The Witmer Company for high-quality boiler services.
To learn more information call us at 717-288-7163. You can also contact us online now.
“I have dealt with this company for many years and through several homes that I have owned. I have recommended them to neighbors who have also been happy with their service, pricing, and honesty..“- Paul C. More Testimonials